My sewing machine was in the shop for a tune-up and I just picked it up this morning!
Now, I can get busy and catch up on all the projects I have left since before Christmas.
However....before I start sewing, I had one project that needed attending to.
I use this hard as rock chair in my sewing room that I borrowed from my kitchen. Not comfortable for prolonged sitting, and the cushion I have on it keeps landing on the floor.
So, last week I rescued an old aluminum kitchen chair probably from the 60's! It was on it's way to the dump!
Initially, I though about just giving it a good scrubbing and be done with it. But, no amount of cleaning could ever make this baby look good!
It's red vinyl. I actually like the colour!
Here it is in partial deconstruct...
So, I took it all apart (saving the upholstery nails :-), for reuse)
Then I went shopping, and found just the right amount of red vinyl. I didn't particularly care what colour is was, but the red was what they had.
New rubber feet and a bunch of staples later....
Not exactly a thing of beauty, but it works for me.
I had some fun with the back though!
Yup! It's the Keep Calm fabric! I have the same thing on my ironing table in my sewing room, so I thought it would look kinda cool!
I also laminated it just for the heck of it, and because I had this stuff and wanted to try it on something!
I used this product called Therm O Web iron on vinyl, and it was really easy. Then, I cut some batting to use because the cardboard backing was wrecked, reused the nails, and called it a finish!
The curved back of the chair was a bit of a pain, but overall, not too bad.
As I said, not beautiful, but it is functional and only cost me $15.00 for the fabric!
My first project of 2013....